Sometimes you just need something with a little bit of sweetness and a whole lot of crunch. These Dark Chocolate Almond Crunch Bars are seriously delicious and there are very few things more satisfying. These little beauties are a serious craving busters, crammed with Omega 3, vitamin E, Vitamin B and Magnesium. They are a great little snack when you would kill for that chocolate bar
- 100ml of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 30g of Ground Almonds
- 1 Tbsp of Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
- 100g of Mixed Seeds
- 1 Bananna- Mushed
- 200g of Almonds Finely Chopped
- 50g of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the honey, ground almonds, nut butter, and vanilla together until combined. Fold in the almonds, banana, and chocolate chips until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking tray and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 more hour. This firms up the bars which helps them stay compact. Remove bars from the tray using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars.
- Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment. Store at room temperature for 1 week or in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I find they get a little sticky at room temperature over a few days, so I prefer the fridge.