This Death by Chocolate Almond Dark Chocolate Cake is so incredibly indulgent. This dark and moist chocolate cake has only six ingredients in it is simply delicious. It serves 12-14 so its a great option for a celebration and is only 200 calories per slice. There are plenty of good fats in this recipe and I use unrefined coconut sugar to sweeten it up.
- 3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 100g of High Quality Chocolate
- 3 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- 150g of Ground Almonds
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 100g of Coconut Sugar or unrefined brown sugar
- For the Cream
- 4 Tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- A Squige of Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, then grease a 20cm round cake tin with a little butter and line it with parchment paper.
- Chop the chocolate finely with a sharp knife. Fill a saucepan one-third full of water and bring it to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Put the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, along with the coconut oil and place it over the water in the saucepan to melt slowly. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes. Once cooled slightly, add the greek yogurt.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs into a bowl and add the coconut sugar. Using an electric whisk, whisk the mixture for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are soft and thick and fluffy.
- Now gently fold in the ground almonds and the chocolate into the egg mixture. Once evenly combined, transfer to the pre-lined cake tin and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes
- Remove the cake from the oven and once slightly cooled, remove it from the tin and transfer to a plate. Then place in the fridge for 90 minutes.
- To make the cream, mix the greek yogurt and maple syrup together and spread on top of the cake or alternatively serve it separately.
- Serve in small slices as it is very very very rich and indulgent.