Warmer weather means I want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time outdoors. These Peanut Butter Protein Balls are a fantastic little snack to grab on the go! We meet clients every day who struggle to get enough protein into their diet so these little balls of goodness will certainly help! And the best thing about these little gems is they’re totally customizable! No peanut butter? Sub any other nut butter. Not into chocolate (seriously?)? Omit it and add more oats and chia seeds. Never heard of chia seeds? Sub flax or hemp seeds. It’s that easy!
- 220g of Pitted Dates
- 3 Tbsp of Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
- 200g of Oats
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder – Chocolate
- Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball
- Add oats, protein powder, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Carefully roll into 1-inch balls (29-30 grams per ball), using the warmth of your hands to mold them together. Should yield 14-15 balls.
- To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is! Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.