There is absolutely no oil or butter in this Warm Chocolate Torte Made with Greek Yogurt, but you wouldn’t know it! Greek Yogurt helps it stay rich and moist – you won’t miss the fat! This is a really lovely cake that, when served warm, with a sprinkle of icing sugar and a dollop of greek yogurt is just divine!
- 280g of all purpose flour
- 80g Caster sugar or 80g of stevia for a sugar-free alternative
- 90g Honey/ Agave
- 2 Large egg whites or 1 large egg
- 180g Greek yogurt
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 80g White flour
- 100g Whole wheat flour
- 50g Natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Spray an 8x8inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and cocoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, milk, honey or agave and vanilla until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Serve by sprinkling some icing sugar over the top of it for decoration. It is best served warm with a spoon full of greek yogurt.
If you only have Plain flour then just use that instead of the whole wheat flour.