This Sweet Potato, Spinach and Feta Frittata is a great summer snack for those that are on the go. You can make it the day before and pop it in a container, ready for lunch the following day. This recipe serves 2-3.
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 1 Red Onion (Diced)
- 8 Eggs Whisked
- 200g of Sweet Potato (chopped into chunks)
- 100g of Feta
- Salt & Pepper
- Your oil of choice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the sweet potato chunks in a microwavable container and pop into the microwave for 4-6 minutes, until the potato has softened.
- Meanwhile, heat a tbsp of oil on a large skillet or pan. Add the red onion and slowly cook. Once they have softened, add the potatoes
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl and then add it to the red onion and potato mixture .
- Cook on a low heat, tilting the pan occasionally, and drawing in the sides of the mixture so the egg cooks evenly.
- Once the base and sides have cooked, remove from heat.
- Arrange the crumbled feta cheese on top of the Frittata and then put into the oven for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with a crunchy green salad.
Calories : 586 per serving with chicken