Our Simple Eggs, Asparagus Tips & Broccoli recipe is easy to make and taste indulgent. It takes about 20 minutes to make as the poached eggs require care and attention but its a great option for a Saturday morning when you have a little extra time. It’s also very budget friendly given that there is only really 4 ingredients in it . Its low in carbs too so it doesn’t leave you feeling heavy and bloated.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 4 Eggs
- 8-10 Asparagus tips
- 3 Smoked Back Bacon Rashers
- 8 Tender Stem Broccoli
- Salt & Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and heat a griddle pan.
- Place the tips, broccoli and the bacon on the pan and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Leave for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly.
- Carefully crack the eggs into the pot of water when it begins to bubble. Leave for 4 minutes.
- When the bacon has been lightly chargrilled, remove from the pan and chop it up. Remove the greens from the pan and mix in a bowl along with the chopped bacon.
- Carefully lift out the eggs with a spoon and leave on some kitchen towel to drain.
- Scoop up the greens and bacon and plate up with the eggs resting on top.