Why buy sugary, processed, expensive granola when you can make your own homemade healthy Gone Granola in less than thirty minutes? While nothing can beat eggs for breakfast, this granola is a tasty option when time is of the essence. Throw it in a Tupperware box the night before and have it at the desk if needs be. It goes really well with greek yogurt and berries at breakfast time or as a snack just before bed. This lasts 3 to 4 days in a well-sealed jar but in our apartment its gone within 24 hours! I hate raisins so I leave them out of my granola but you can add them! This recipe also makes your kitchen smell amazing!
(Makes enough for 6 or 7 bowls)
- Mixed Nuts- Walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews.
- 1 Tsp of ground cinnamon
- 200g of porridge oats
- 30gs of honey
- 40g of raisins (optional)
- Cored Apple – Skinned and grated (optional)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla extract
- 150g of seeds –Sunflower Seeds, pine nuts and pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C (Fan 160C)
- Mix all the ingredients, bar the raisins, in a bowl, then tip them into a baking pan and spread so that they are a single layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Pull out the tray and stir the mixture every 10 minutes to ensure that the mixture is toasting evenly.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Add the raisins at this point. Decant to a well-sealed mason jar.
- Eat with yogurt or milk!