So, generally when you think of brownies you think blood sugar levels spiking and rich chocolatey goodness, served hot and gooey with some freshly whipped cream, followed by guilty pangs post-devour. Well, this Clean Chocolate Brownies recipe might just tick all the right boxes- tasty, fibre rich and relatively low in fats and completely free of refined sugar!
- 90g of Whole Wheat fine flour
- 50g of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 20g of Unsalted Butter
- 100ml of Agave or Honey
- 70g of Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 2 Tbs of Crunchy Peanut Butter (optional)
- 1 Tbs of Ground Chia (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150 C, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the brownies, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Add in the Agave syrup and Greek yogurt, and stir until no large lumps remain.
- Mix in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Once mixed, add the peanut butter and chia (optional).
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 150 C for 15-19 minutes (15 minutes yields the fudgiest brownies; 19 minutes yields slightly cakier brownies).
- Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to sit until slightly cooler.
- Best served warm.