These cookies taste delicious and while they are not healthy, there is far less guilt in these than in an M&S cookie. Each cookie works out at about 90 calories and nearly all of those calories come from the peanut butter itself. They are flowerless so good for those with a wheat intolerance. I used Stevia rather than Sugar which is a sugar substitute you can buy from health food shops. It is derived from a plant and unlike other sugars it does not add calories to your food. There is only 60g of stevia in this recipe so if you wanted to use a light brown sugar go ahead.
- 200g of Peanut Butter
- 60g of Stevia
- Handful of Chocolate Chips
- Milled Chia (Optional)
- Handful of Walnuts
- 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 and line 2 baking trays with baking paper. This recipe makes around 18 cookies
- Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix. This is a workout in itself.
- Once fully mixed, roll out 18 ping pong sized balls and place them onto the baking tray. Don’t stress- they will flatten in the oven. Because they flatten though, ensure you leave space between each cookie.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. Don’t be worried when you take them out if they are soft, they will harden once they have cooled
- Eat once cooled!!
This recipe is very forgiving. You can guestimate most of the ingredients…. a little of this ….a little of that! They will taste delicious no matter what.