The Olympics is just about under way so here is a quick and easy recipe to snack on while watching Ireland take over. Check out these delicious little bites of heaven. Following a gluten free diet means saying goodbye to Mr Tayto but fortunately for me these Chicken and Thyme Baked Sweet Potatoe Crisps are so delicious and best of all they come with no eaters regret if you devour the lot!
- 3 Small Sweet Potato-peeled
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Thyme
- 1/2 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 Tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp of Chilli Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife or a mandoline, slice the sweet potatoes into even, thin rounds (2mm thick). In a bowel mix the crisps with a Tbsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Transfer the rounds to the baking tray. Try to not overlap the rounds, but pack them in tightly because they will shrink slightly as they cook.
- Bake the crisps for 15 minutes, then take them out and flip them. Pop them back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- In the meantime, begin the seasoning. Mix the crushed stock cub to a small bowl along with the chilli powder and tried thyme. Mix to thoroughly combine all the flavours.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to bowl. While they are still warm, add your seasoning. Make sure they are fully coated. You can store these in an air tight container for 2-3 days, though they do lose a bit of their crunch.