So we are on this dairy free, gluten free diet for the next 5 weeks and one thing I was really suffering with was not having something sweet to nibble on while watching TV and drinking my almond milk tea (who am I?). These tasty Banana & Almond Butter Bites are so simple to make, require only 3 ingredients and are a super alternative to the line of chocolate I would ordinarily have. To be honest this really isn’t a recipe, it’s just me telling you to mix three things together. Add in cranberries, vanilla essence, raisins, coconut flakes, chopped walnuts, cinnamon or swap out the almond butter for peanut butter depending on what you are craving. The options are endless.
- 2 Ripe Banana’s
- 200g of Gluten Free Porridge Oats
- 2 Tsp of Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Using a fork, Smush the banana’s in a bowl until they become a lumpy liquid consistency.
- Add the porridge oats.
- Add the almond butter and any extra ingredients you like and mix thoroughly.
- With clean hands, grab a small chunk of the mixture and roll it into a ball, placing it on a pre-lined baking sheet. Repeat this until all the mixture is gone.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the bites are golden brown.