We recently visited Glenville Nutrion in Rathgar and had a consultation with Heather Leeson, the Director of Glenville Nutrition Ireland. One of the things she mentioned was preparing meals ahead of time. She suggested roasting off some vegtables, and adding some quinoa to it with some gluten free pesto. So I tried it last night and it was delicious. I made a big batch of Turkey, Quinoa and Roasted Vegtable Salad and we now have it our fridge in containers for lunch today and tomorrow. Simples!
- 300g of Diced Turkey
- 1 Aubergine- Diced
- 1 Zuchinni – Diced
- 2 Vine Tomatos- Diced
- 1 Red Onion- Cut into Wedges
- 1 Clove of Garlic- Finely Diced
- 100g of Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp of Pesto
- Pinch of Sea Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Throw the aubergine, zuchinni, tomatoes, red onion and garlic into a roasting tin and pop in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions. All you need to do is add of water and leave it on a medium heat for 20 minutes. The quinoa will absorb the water and become soft and fluffy.
- Put your diced chicken into a tin foil pouch and pop into the oven with your vegtables for 20 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Once the turkey have been cooked through, remove the tray of vetables and the tray of diced turkey and allow them to cool slightly
- When the quinoa has absorbed all the water, take it off the heat and all it to cool slightly also.
- Finally take a large bowl and mix all of the 3 elements together. Add 2 Tsp of Pesto and a Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper and mix through.
- This can be served hot or cold. Both are delicious.