This recipe of Stuffed Peppers with Couscous and Apricots serves 6 people and takes approximately 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. It’s a tasty vegetarian option and that would be lovely served with salad.
- 3 Red or yellow peppers (tops removed and seeded)
- 1 Tsp vegetable stock
- 1 Cup uncooked couscous
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 3 Rounds of soft feta cheese, crumbed
- 4 Dried Apricots- Chopped into small cubes
- Handful of black olives, chopped
- 50g Flaked almonds, toasted
- ¼ Cup sundried tomatoes
- Put the oven on the grill setting. Microwave the peppers on a plate on medium for 5 minutes, until almost soft. Place then on a baking tray, cut-side up.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a bowl and cover with 250ml boiling water mixed with 1 tsp of vegetable stock. Stir, cover the bowl with cling film or a plate and leave it to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- After that, stir the couscous with a fork to break up the grain and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Mix in the pine nuts, olives, crumbed feta and the chopped apricots.
- Season the stuffing with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Fill the peppers with the couscous stuffing and grill for 15 minutes, until the cheese is browned and the peppers are soft.
- Garnish sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle with some more olive oil before serving.