This dish of Smokey BBQ Roasted Peppers, Sweet Potatoe and Red Onion with Red Lentils is so moreish and delicious and it really is easy peesy to make. You can make your own smokey bbq seasoning using cumin, paprika, cayanne pepper and lime but I had’nt got the time so I grabbed a packed of Smokey Fajita Seasoning instead. It’s literally a case of roasting off the veg, cooking the lentils and both mixing together. Voilla!
- 1 Red Onion, sliced into segments, approximately 2 fingers width.
- 1 Packet of Smokey Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Red Pepper and 1 Yellow Pepper, sliced into segements approximately 2 fingers width.
- 200g of Red Lentils
- 1 Large Sweet Potatoe, peeled and diced into cubes
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- In a baking tray add the cubed sweet potatoe, red and yellow pepper slices and red onion slices. Drizle with olive oil and sprinkle with the 1/4 of the smokey fajita seasoning. Mix the vegtebles with a spoon to ensure that all of the veg are thoroughly covered with oil and seasoning. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until they have softened up.
- In the mean time, put the red lentils in a pot of boiling water and put on a high heat. Allow the lentils to boil for 10 minutes and then reduce the heat right down so that they simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are done, remove from the oven and pop them into a bowl. Mix in another half of the seasoning. Add more if you would prefer it spicier. When the lentils are fully cooked, drain off any extra water and add the lentils to the bowl with the vegetables. Mix together the lentils and vegetables and then serve hot!