I found this recipe for Roasted Red Pepper & Cashew Nut Pasta from the Body Coach UK. If you get a chance, check out his book. It has some really great tasty and simple recipes that never take more than 30 minutes to make. This took all of 15 minutes to make. I had some of the Red Pepper and Cashew sauce left over so I used it as a pesto for hake the next day and it was just as delicious! This recipe serves 2.
- 2 Handfuls of Spinach
- 3 Roasted Red Peppers (These can be bought in the Supermarket in Jars
- Handful of Unsalted Cashew Nuts
- 350g of Chicken (Optional)
- 300g of Wholegrain Pasta
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Fry off the chicken cubes in some oil of your choice, while cooking the pasta in a separate pot.
- Put all of the other ingredients in a nutri-bullet or blender and whizz until smoth.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add a 1/4 of the sauce and stir.
- Add the drained pasta to the chicken and mix in the remaining sauce.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan or shredded mozzarella.
Calories : 586 per serving with chicken