Eating healthy does not mean that you have to eat rabbit food. At SMART we believe being healthy and fit is a lifestyle choice and as such a diet of matcha tea and quinoa is not sustainable (or very appetising). Sometimes you just want a burger and chips! We get that… So here is our Healthy Choice Mexican Turkey Burgers. We used turkey mince rather than beef as it’s got less saturated fats than beef and as such, its a very lean meat. We also used slims rather than burger buns which are again lower in saturated fats.
Turkey Patties (Makes 4 Paties)
- 325g Lean Turkey Minch
- Half a Red Onion
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Red Chili
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Salt & Pepper
- Slims Burger Buns
- 1 Avocado, de-skinned and chopped
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Juice of Half a lime
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Tsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tsp of Ketchup
- Sprinkle of Paprika
- Throw the turkey mince, chopped onion, garlic, chili, paprika and salt and pepper into a bowl. Then roll up your slieves and get stuck in. The more you work the meat, the better it will hold together when cooked.
- Shape the meat into patties and leave to rest.
- In a separate bowl, add the avocado, onion, garlic and lime and salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the turkey patties on a griddle pan or baking tray and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Check that the burgers are done by slicing the centre of one of the patties to ensure the meat is white all the way through.
- To make the sauce, add the yogurt, paprika and ketchup together in a small bowl.
- Now build your burger, using the guacamole, turkey burger, sauce, tomoto, lettuce, gerkin etc.