We love curries! Unfortunately they often take hours to slow cook and are covered in calorific sauces. Best off getting it from the local Indian then right?? Wrong!! This Low Fat Curry in a Hurry recipe takes around 15 to 20 minutes and is incredibly satisfying when you are looking for that hit of spice. As it’s basically a glorified stir-fry it’s far healthier alternative to an Indian take-away!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 Red onion- diced
- 1 Clove of garlic- diced
- 1 Red Chilli
- 325g of Chicken- diced
- 2 cm Ginger – diced
- 1 Red & 1 Green Pepper
- 2 Tbsp of curry powder
- Handful of Spinach
- 1 bag of Microwavable Brown Rice
- Melt the coconut oil in the wok over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Toss in the chicken, red peppers and curry powder and stir-fry for 4 minutes.
- Crumble the microwavable rice into the wok and stir fry for another 2 minutes to allow the rice to cook. Check that the chicken is completely cooked by slicing through one of the larger pieces to make sure its white all the way through.
- Add the spinach to the wok. Once it has wilted, it is ready to serve.