This is a great family weekday feast. While it is a light meal it will leave you feeling really satisfied. Take no more then 15-20 minutes to make, including cooking time.
- 170g of Chicken Breast
- 25g of Red/Green Peppers cut into strips
- 1 Tsp of Coconut Oil
- 73g of Uncooked Quino
- 55g of Dried Apricots- sliced finely
- Zest & Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Spring Onions
- Handful of Corriander
- Pinch of salt
- Rub the chicken with the coconut oil and season it with the cajun spice. Place on a baking tray lined with tinfoil and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. When cooked, remove from the edges and collect the juices from the chicken.
- For the quinoa, lightly toast it in a pan until it starts to pop. Add 3 times the amount of water and bring to the boil and then bring it down to a simmer for 12-15 minutes (50g of Quinoa = 150g of water).
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir through the apricots and allow them to steam in the quinoa. The fluff with a fork.
- To serve, mix the peppers, juices from the chicken, lemon juice and zest, coriander and spring onions and drizzle over the chicken and quinoa.