This Baked Fish with Superslaw is the ultra healthy version of fish n chips. Instead of battered cod you get delicious smoked paprika baked salmon and instead of greesy deep fat fried chips you get slices of crispy sweet potato and instead of soggy coleslaw you get this superslaw made of grated carrots, ribbons of cabbage and hazelnuts. Not sold yet??? Ok well its a third of the calories of a chipper fish n’ chips! Stll not sold? Right I give up….
- 1 Bunch of Green Beans – Halved
- 1 Large Grated Carrot
- 1/4 of a Cabbage- Cut into Ribbons
- Handful of Hazelnuts
- 1 Small Sweet Potato – scliced thinly into disc’s
- 1 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Oil of your choice
- Sea Salt and Pepper to your taste
- 300g of Salmon Fillet
- 1 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- Juice of 1/4 of Lemon, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the green beans, carrot, cabbage, sweet potatoe slices, nuts, vinegar and a little splash of the oil of your choice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mix on the baking tray and place the salmon fillets (skin side down) ontop of the mix
- Sprinkled the salmon with the smoked paprika.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve the salmon on top of the superslaw with a squeeze of lemon.