This Yellow Coconut and Chickpea Curry is delicious. Its a vegetarian curry but you really really don’t miss the meat at all. The sweet potatoe and chickpeas give the curry a great texture and the sauce is ‘lick the plate’ good!
- 1 Onion- diced
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes chopped into chunks
- 1 400ml Can of Coconut Cream
- 3 Cloves of Garlic – finely diced
- Thumb nail size of Ginger-finely diced
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Red Chilli – finely diced
- 2 Tbsp of Tumeric
- 1 Tbsp of Ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp of Cumin
- 1 Tbsp of Fresh Coriander- finely diced
- First off you need to cook the sweet potatoe. Preheat the oven to 200C. Take your sweet potatoe chunks and pop them on a roasting tray and into the oven for 10-15 minutes. Just long enough for them to start to soften.
- Throw your chilli, spices, garlic and ginger into a blender and blend until you have a paste.
- In the mean time, place a large pot on medium heat and chuck in the chopped onion. After 2-3 minutes add the coconut cream which can be scooped out of the top of the can. Leave the coconut milk to the side for later.
- After 2-3 minutes add the curry paste and stir until you have a bright yellow sauce. Then add in the chickpeas.
- Then add in the roasted sweet potatoes and toss them to ensure they are coated in the sauce. Pour in the rest of the can of coconut milk and stock and stir. Let it cook until the curry is hot then serve. You can leave it to simmer gently and reduce if you like a thicker curry, but do not let it boil. Serve with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.