We have eggs and smoked salmon every morning for Breakfast. This particular Sunday morning, I decided to make a little bit of an extra effort – The Love Stack; Avocado, Smoked Salmon & Poached Egg. Get it? Love Shack? Never mind! There are 3 basic components to the dish, a poached egg, the smoked salmon and the beautiful avocado base. This is a fun way to present breakfast, the next time you want to show someone you care! This recipe makes 2 servings.
- 2 Egg
- 2 Tbsp a Lemon
- 200g of Smoked Salmon
- 1 Tbsp of Chives
- 1 Ripe Avocado, seed removed and diced
- 1 Tbsp of Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar or a mild tasting vinegar
- Cracked Black Pepper
- To make an the avocado base, add the juice of the lime and using a fork smush the avocado in a mixing bowl.
- To make the smoked salmon middle, in a small bowl, toss the smoked salmon in the lemon juice and chives.
- Poach an egg: Fill the saucepan about 2/3 full with water and bring to a boil.Turn the heat down and let the water relax into a brisk simmer. You should see bubbles coming up to the surface, but it won’t be rolling.Add the vinegar to the water.Crack the egg into a small measuring cup, preferably one with a long handle. This will help you ease the egg into the water.Use the measuring cup, carefully lower the egg into the water and then tip it out into the water. Make sure the water is at a bare simmer.The final cooking time for a poached egg is very much up to you, and it depends on how well you like your eggs done and how hot the water is. But 4 minutes, give or take, in lightly simmering water, will give you a firm white and a gooey but still runny yolk.
- Now arrange your stacks straight onto serving plates. Presentation is best if you use a biscuit cutter. Simple fill your biscuit cutter with avocado on the bottom, then the salmon mixture, gently top with the poached egg. Carefully remove ring and garnish with dill.