This makes for a great side dish and you can do the same thing with cauliflower or courgettes. This delicious Simple Broccoli Rice recipe is; easy to make, low in calories, gluten free, paleo and diabetic friendly. It makes a fantastic alternative to rice and actually tastes amazing too. It’s the perfect quick and easy, healthy side dish. Its also a fantastic option for kids, substituting it for starchy, sugary white rice.
- 1 Head of Broccoli
- 1 Small Onion (Finely Diced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Tbsp of Chili Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Small Handful of Parmesan Cheese
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, work in batches so as not to overcrowd the machine and pulse the broccoli until it resembles rice, about 5-10 pulses.
- In a large pan, over medium high heat, saute the onion, garlic and chili flakes 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Add the broccoli rice, salt and pepper and saute another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the parmesan, stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Enjoy on its own, as a side dish or top with a fried egg and some additional parmesan shavings.