This Sesame Sprinkled Garlic Broccoli is not your average steamed broccoli side dish. It has the added delicious kick of spring onions, garlic, tasty peas and the slight crunch of toasted sesame seeds. Blanching the broccolii quickly and transferring it directly to an ice bath preserves the nutrients and prevents them from going mushy. It really is so much tastier and quicker than steamed broccoli.
- 300g of Broccoli
- Oil of your choice
- 60ml of Water
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- Handful of Sesame Seeds
- 3 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
- Handful of frozen peas
- Bring a saucepan of hot water to the boil and then add the broccoli. Blanch the broccoli for 3 to 4 minutes, until tender and then transfer to a bowl of ice cold water.
- In a pan, head the oil on a medium to low heat. Add the garlic, peas and spring onions and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and the sesame seeds
- Toss the broccoli as is cooks on the pan for another 4 minutes until the broccoli is tender and warm.
- Serve immediately