I had an awful craving for crisps yesterday afternoon but rather than succumb, I dug deep, found my willpower and got to work in the kitchen. These Salt and Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas tasted delicious and we snacked on them all evening! I feel a little silly posting this recipe as there is practically no ingredients in them and the method has 3 steps but they are too delicious not to share! I mean we could all use more easy, healthy snacks in our lives right?
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp of Sea Salt
- 6 Tbsp of Vinegar – (I used White Wine Vinegar)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas in a bowl
- Add the vinegar to the bowl with the chickpeas and allow them to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Drain the chickpeas after 20 minutes and place them on a pre-lined baking tray.
- Roast the chickpeas for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, and toss the chickpeas with a spatula or wooden spoon. Sprinkle the chickpeas with the sea salt and pop them back into the oven to roast for an additional 10 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before eating.