Pork and Apples have to be one of the nicest food combinations there is. This recipe is so simple and will be ready in minutes so no waiting around. This is a really warm and comforting meal and is great on those evenings when you want something creamy and full of flavour but don’t want to sacrifice your goals.
- Trim the chops of excess fat. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a skillet or frying pan over high heat, and then add a little coconut oil.
- Place the pork chops on the hot pan and don’t move them for a few minutes, to assure a good golden sear forms. Turn and brown well on the second side for a total of about 10 minutes. Transfer the chops to a warm plate.
- Add a little coconut oil to the hot pan. Now add the onion and apples. Saute until the onion slices are lightly caramelized and the apples have begun to soften, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and then add the the greek yogurt to make a thick creamy sauce
- Return chops to the pan. Cook until the pork is tender, about 10 more minutes (depending on the size of the chops), turning halfway through and covering the chops with the apple mixture.
- Serve the chops with squares of sweet potato and regular potatoes, spooning the apple-onion mixture over the top.
- 1/2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 4 Pork chops
- 1 Large white or red onion, sliced
- 2 Apples cored and sliced
- 200ml of Chicken Stock
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 2 Dollops of greek yogurt
Variations include replacing the onion with leeks or adding a sliced sweet potato. You can also serve this with microwavable brown rice if you are in a hurry.