This tends to be our go to #MeatlessMonday meal! Meatless Monday is a great way to enjoy a delicious plant based meal, particularly after our cheat day on Saturday. If like us, your Monday’s tend to be manic, this Carrot and Potato Frittata is a great option. It takes little to no prep time, is cooked in a jiffy, and not to mention is actually a really delicious light meal. It also happens to include all the things we generally have left in our fridge on a Monday evening!
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Large Carrot Grated
- 2 Medium Potatoes – Sliced thinly
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Onion – Sliced thinly
- 2 Scallions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a nonstick skillet cook potatoes in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the grated carrots; cook for 5 minutes, until potatoes and carrots are tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, the red onion, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Bake, uncovered, for about 18 minutes or until frittata appears dry on top. Remove frittata from oven. Let stand on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with scallions, alongside quinoa and steamed broccoli.