The one thing you don’t want when trying to drop a few pounds is to feel deprived. Today I had such a craving for Nandos and so I put together a low fat alternative to a cheeky Nando’s. This Low Fat Piri Piri Chicken is packed with flavour without being covered in oil. This served with a large crunchy fresh salad is just delicious.
- 3 Cloves of Finely Diced Garlic
- 3 Chilies (Sliced)
- 20g of Fresh Parsley
- 4 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Sea Salt
- Handful of Cherry of Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion- Cut into Wedges
- Oil of Your Choice for Brushing/Spraying
- 4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
- To make the marinade, put the chilies, garlic, vinegar, sugar, parsley (with the stalks), smoked paprika, oregano salt and black pepper into a nutri-bullet or food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Slash each chicken breast with a knife 3-4 times and place them in a large non-metallic bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken until well coated. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Ideally leave it over-night.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Take the chicken out of the bowl and place it on a lightly oiled baking tray. Roast the chicken for 10 minutes before adding the red onion and tomatoes and cook for another 15 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through (there should be no pinkness remaining).
- Serve with a big crunchy green salad.