This Jaime Oliver recipe for Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad on the light side is a delicious alternative to the calorie laden Caesar sauce you buy in the shops.
- 1 Cos or Romaine Lettuce
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 75g of Low Fat Natural Yogurt
- 2 Tbs of Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Handful of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Place your 2 chicken breasts on a chopping board and pound the chicken so that they are even in width. Then place the chicken on a griddle pan on high heat that has been brushed with olive oil. Cook for approximately 4 or 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. When cooked transfer onto a clean chopping board and chopped into slices.
- Snap off and discard any wilting or dark green outer lettuce leaves. Trim the leaves, then cut the head into quarters length ways. Chop into chunks and get rid of the core. Wash under cold running water and dry in a salad spinner.
- To make the dressing, peel and finely chop the garlic. Whisk the yogurt, olive oil, grated Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice together in a bowl.
- Toss the lettuce in the dressing, then add the grilled chicken and scoop the salad into a serving bowl.
- Coarsely grate over a little extra Parmesan, if you like. Toss again, then serve.