This simple and easy to follow recipe for Hot and Sour Chicken is a great tasty stir fry recipe for a week night that you need something delicious but aren’t bothered to spend 30 minutes in the kitchen.
- Oil of your chosing
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely sliced
- 350g Chicken Breast- Diced
- 15 Mangetout
- 2 Tbs of Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tbs of Honey
- 1 Red Chilli – Sliced
- 1 Tbs of Finely Chopped Ginger
- 3 Tbs of Dark Soya Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- If you have time, marinate the chicken in a bowl with the honey, soya sauce, sliced chilli, salt & pepper, ginger and garlic for an hour or even overnight. If you don’t have the time, throw it all in the wok with some oil and turn on a medium to high heat. It will still taste delicious.
- Add the mangetout and finely diced red onion.
- Stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- When the mangetout have soften and the chicken is white the whole way through, add the sunflower seeds.
- Serve imediately and enjoy!!
I served this with a tone of courgette and carrot noodles which I used a spirilizer to create. You can serve this with wild rice or quinoa if you want to add some extra carbs.