“Summer is not over” she says clutching her sunglasses in one hand and her floppy straw beach hat in the other! This recipe is my ode to summer. Peaches are in season for anther 2 weeks so definitely make this amazingly delicious meal of Grilled Chicken and Peaches with Fresh Basil before I start posting recipes about soups and stews :(!
- 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Garlic Gloves- finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Honey
- 2 Tbsp of Ground Mustard
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 Fresh Peaches- skinned and de-seeded
- Handful of Basil Leaves
- In a small bowl or heavy duty zip lock bag, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and set aside for approximately an hour. Using a long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill pan.
- Turn on the barbecue or griddle pan to a medium heat. Remove the now marinated chicken breasts from the bag and place them on a large plate. Use the excess marinade for basting.
- Once the grill is hot, season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper, and then place them on the grill. (You should hear a sizzling sound when they hit the grill — if you don’t, it’s not hot enough. Wait for the sizzle!).
- Now take your skinned and de-seeded peaches and pop them on the grill with the chicken.
- Grill just until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Basting the chicken occasionally.
- Grill the peaches for 8-10 minutes, or until tender. Turn the peaches every 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and peaches with some chopped fresh basil.