These Garlicky Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes & Balsamic are such a delicious and simple addition to any BBQ this summer. Try to get the freshest beans you can find for the very best flavour. The balsamic adds a tangy dimension to the side dish, but feel free to leave it out if your not a fan.
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – finely sliced
- Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 500g of Green Beans
- 2 Tbsp of Balsamic
- Fill a large pot with boiling water, add salt and then add the trimmed beans. Cook for 5 minutes until the beans have a little bite.
- Meanwhile fill a bowl with ice cold water. Once the beans have been cooking for 5 minutes, remove them from the saucepan and leave them in the cold water. Leave for a few minutes and then remove once the beans have fully cooled.
- Add some olive oil to a saucepan and heat over a medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then add the green beans and cherry tomatoes, aswell as some salt and pepper. Heat for 4-6 minutes and remove from the heat once the tomatoes start to blister. Stir in the balsamic and serve immediately.