Snickers Ice Cream Bars were the inspiration for this simple desert. They require three ingredient to make, dark chocolate encapsulating a gooey peanut butter, crushed peanuts, and a cool, frozen, banana center. These Frozen “Snickers” Banana Bars are a healthier alternative to the sugar spike that is a Snicker’s Ice Cream. As a side, they are super easy to make and taka all of 5 minutes to prep.
- 2 Banana’s
- 100g of Dark Chocolate
- 6 Tsp of Peanut Butter
- Handful of Crushed Peanuts- unsalted
- Prep your banana’s. You can either slice them into thick rounds for bites, or make 2 inch boats by slicing each banana into 3 pieces and then running the knife through the core of each slice to create “bars.” Place the thick slices or rectangles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Add a teaspoon dollop of peanut butter to each banana, and sprinkle crushed peanuts on top. Press down gently so they stick in the peanut butter. Now place the pan in the freezer for about an hour.
- Melt your chocolate. Pour the chocolate into a deep glass bowl.
- Take out your now frozen banana ppeanut bars and either dunk them in the chocolate , and roll them around to coat evenly, or just dunk the bottom half and drizzle chocolate on top. Put them back on the parchment paper and pop into the freezer and store there until ready to eat. You can repeat the dunking process after 10 minutes if you want a thicker chocolate shell.