Looking for a treat that’s just for one? Big bulk recipes are convenient if you’re feeding a family, but for a solitary cook, a batch of brownies or 24 cookies is just too much! All those extras often just end up in the bin – or worse, they hang around in the fridge calling your name.
Here’s a solution to that particular problem: a quick treat sized perfectly for a single person, and without the prep and cleanup of a whole big recipe – Fried Honey Banana For One. Banana slices fried in coconut oil are crispy and caramel-sweet on the outside but warm and soft in the middle. Add a drizzle of warm honey on top, and it’s officially a party. Without any nuts or egg ingredients, the recipe is autoimmune- and allergy-friendly. And it only takes a few minutes, so dessert is done almost as soon as you decide you want some! Coconut oil is the best choice to use here, because it’s very saturated and heat-resistant. Butter would also be good.
- 1 Banana Sliced
- 1 Tbs of Honey
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon (optional)
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- Combine the honey with ¼ cup of warm water and mix well.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet placed over medium-high heat.
- Add the banana slices to the skillet and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and pour the honey mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.