This is a super healthy, easy meal to whip up using the bits and pieces you have in your cupboard. Its a great option on rest day as it’s carb free. This Chicken with Smoked Paprika and Pine Nuts recipe would taste just as amazing with some cous cous or brown rice if you were just back from the gym. It takes all of about 15 minutes to put together so you have no excuses.
- 1/2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- 2 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 350g of Chicken Breast, sliced into strips
- 1/2 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- 10 Stalks of Broccoli
- 15-20 Green Beans
- Salt & Pepper
- Handful of Pine Nuts
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, 2/3 of the garlic and peppers and fry, stirring regularly until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the paprika and oregano and stir to ensure the vegetables are coated. Add the chicken and the chopped tomatoes and cook, stirring regularly.
- In a separate pan, melt coconut oil over a medium heat. Add the broccoli and green Beans along with the rest of the left over garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and leave on the heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the pine nuts and spinach once the chicken is cooked through. Once the spinach has wilted, add the juice of the lemon and some salt and pepper.
- Plate the chicken and greens up and Enjoy
You can swap out the Broccoli and Green Beans for Kale, Spinach, Mange Tout etc.