This Chicken Ramen with Courgette Noodles is a tasty, healthy meal that will leave you totally satisfied. This recipe is simple, quick to make and keeps well in the fridge for a few days.
- 2 Chicken Breasts (cooked and sliced)
- 1 Large Onion – Cut into Rings
- 1 Leek- Sliced
- 2-Inch Piece Ginger Peeled and Grated
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (Halved)
- 5 Mushrooms (Sliced
- 750mls of Chicken Stock (low sodium if possible)
- 1 Medium Carrott (Grated)
- 15g Fresh Coriander Roughly Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp of Soya Sauce (low sodium if possible)
- 4 Scallions – Chopped
- 2 Large Courgettes (Washed & Spiralized)
- In a large saucepan, add oil over medium- low heat, toss in the onions and leeks, giving a quick stir before placing on the lid and letting them sweat for 8 minutes, until translucent and soft.
- Stir in the garlic, scallions, ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes turning the heat up to medium heat.
- Add in the soya sauce to the onion mixture and then pour in the stock, giving a good stir to scrap up any onion stuck to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring in the courgetti, mushrooms, grated carrot and honey, continue to simmer for 6 minutes until the courgette is wilted slightly. Taste to check the flavor and add more honey or seasoning if necessary (you shouldn’t need much as there is plenty of sodium in the stock).
- Using a ladle, spoon into a bowl and garnish with cooked chicken, a sprinkling of fresh coriander and an egg.