Looking for a fresh option for lunch? This is an ideal soup for the lunch containers. It’s creamy without being heavy and has only 4 ingredients, none of which are cream. It’s also packing an unexpected and zesty lemongrass flavor. I found this soup when we had our wedding tasting in Ballymagarvey Village. I would never have put the two flavours together but they work beautifully! It takes about 30 minutes to make (including the chopping up the butternut squash) so there are no excuses.
(Makes enough for 3 large bowls)
- Add the butternut square, the chopped garlic, the lemongrass stalk and the stalk into one pot.
- Head the soup on a medium heat for 20 minutes, until the butternut squash has softened.
- Remove and discard the lemongrass stalk
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender.
- Serve with a sprikle of corriander
- 1 Lemongrass stalk (split down the middle with the outer layer discarded)
- 1 Large Butternut Squash (skin and seeds removed, chopped into small squares)
- 900ml Chicken Stock or Vegtable Stock
- 2 Large Cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
I like it the way it is but ginger (1 inch) and an onion are nice additions to this soup if you feel like fancy-ing it up!