These softly textured, Butter Bean Blondies are lightly firm on the outside and extraordinarily dense and crumbly on the inside. The moment you break into each, chunks of dark chocolate chips are blissfully revealed. Best enjoyed on the day they are made, although they will keep for a few days in an airtight container.
- 3/4 Can of Drained Butter Beans
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 200g of Ground Almonds
- 1 Tbsp of Baking Powder
- 75g of Chocolate Chips
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 Large Tbsp of Almond Butter
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate in a food processor, and blend until you have a smooth batter. Then fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Tip the mixture into the baking tin, and smooth out evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly golden on top and firm around the edges. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing in to squares.