When you need a little energy before a workout, a banana is one of the best choices since it’s quick and easy to digest. But you can’t exactly keep bananas lying around your car, desk, or in your gym bag — that’s a mushy disaster just waiting to happen. And while you could easily pick up a bag of banana chips, most store-bought brands are coated with sugar and not the healthiest choice. These irresistible sweet little gems are seasoned with cinnamon to satisfy sugar cravings, and the addictive chewiness might have you devouring the entire batch. But don’t worry — half a batch is under 150 calories. And because they offer 4.2 grams of fibre, they’ll make a great snack if you’re watching your weight.
- 4 medium ripe bananas (or 3 large)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice (or juice from 1 large lemon)
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the bananas and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Dip each slice into the orange juice and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 3 hours, or until your chips are dry and slightly brown, making sure to flip your chips halfway through.
- Remove from the oven, and once cool, chips can be stored in an airtight container.