I am a massive scone lover- They have to be the perfect accompaniment with a cup of tea. It can be hard to find a really tasty scone recipe while eating clean and there always seems to be a little sacrifice. However these Blueberry Oat Scones have a lovely scone texture and taste, uses ingredients we all have in our presses and is totally sin free. The method itself is really easy to follow and leaves little room for error!
- 300g of Porridge Oats
- 2 Tbs of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbs of Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbs of Honey
- 1 Banana
- 2 Egg Whites
- 100g of blueberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the oats into a food processor and blitz until you have a flour consistency.
- Pour the flour into a bowel and add the baking powder.
- Using your fingers, rub the coconut oil into the oat mixture.
- In the food processor or nutribullet, add the bananas, honey, greek yogurt and egg whites and blitz.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the oats and mix well. The dough should be slightly wet. At this point you can stirr in the blueberries
- Using your hands, take sections of the dough and roll into a large ball shapes and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.