A four year old could make this Whole Wheat Pizza with Rocket & Prosciutto. Why wait for a greasy pizza to be delivered when this pizza costs far less, takes less time to make then the phone call to Domino’s and not to mention that it contains half the calories. The concept of the tortilla pizza itself is so simple, but there are a few tricks to getting a perfectly crispy, flaky crust and bubbly cheese, so be sure to read the recipe below for my time-proven method for perfect tortilla pizzas.
- 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla (or whole wheat pita bread)
- 1/4 Tbsp of Salt
- 3 Tbsp of Sauce (marinara, pesto, olive oil and garlic, barbecue sauce)
- Slices of mozzarella.
- 1 Garden Tomato- sliced
- 2 Slices of Prosciutto
- Handful of Rocket
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Grab a pre-lined baking sheets and place it into the oven to heat up
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a small bowl. Lightly brush both sides of the tortillas- use a folded paper towel if you don’t have a brush. This makes them nice and crispy when baked.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce onto each tortilla, leaving a ½- inch border around the edge for your ‘crust’. Use the back of a spoon to help guide you.
- Top the base with the mozzarella cheese and sliced tomato.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes or until the pizza is crisp and the cheese is melted. Rotate your pans halfway through cooking for even browning.
- In a small bowl add the rocket, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven. Tear up the prosciutto slices and add to the pizza.
- Top with rocket salad.
- Serve warm!