This recipe takes all of about 10 minutes and is packed with flavour! Serve it with a big portion of your favourite greens such as kale, broccoli, green beans (I used spinach) to reduce your carb intake. This quick easy low fat beef steak stroganoff recipe is fantastic for rest days when your body is not working as intensely as it normally would. This recipe can also be batch cooked so you can prepare meals for the next day or weeks ahead. If you decide to freeze this, add 200mls of beef stock rather than the prescribed 100mls.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion
- 10 Chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 325g steak (I used lidl’s steak stir fry meat which was €3.25)
- 4 tsp Paprika
- 100mls Beef Stock
- 150mls Soured Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- The juice of half a lime
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Throw in the chopped mushrooms, onions and stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef and a big twist of salt and pepper. Fry for 2 minutes and then throw in the paprika to coat all the ingredients in the pan.
- Add the beef stock once the meat has browned off and then turn the heat right down. Then stir in the sour cream and remove the pan from the heat.
- Squeeze in half a line and then serve up with your greens.