This hearty and healthy comfort food starts with a bed of Zucchini Spagetti. If you haven’t got a spirilizer, I definitely recommend picking one up. We got ours in Arnotts but you can pick them up from most department stores or stores that specilise in cookware. Chunky Vegtable Bolognese with Zucchini Spagetti is the perfect guilt-free week night meal that comes together quickly.
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 400g of Extra Lean Mince
- Half a Can of Red Kidney Beans/ Chickpeas
- 1 Medium Onion- Diced
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 Clove of Garlic- Finely Diced
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Basil- Finely Diced
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Oregano
- 1 Red Pepper- Chopped into Wedges
- 1 and 1/2 Medium Zucchini’s spiralised into Pasta.
- 1/2 Zucchini chopped into chunks
- Pinch of Sea Salt & Pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute minced beef over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up the large chunks of meat as they cook.
- Once meat is cooked, drain fat from the meat, and add the onions, chunky peppers and zucchini
- Saute for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- In a separate pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and saute the zucchini pasta for 5 – 10 minutes, until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Divide the pasta among two plates and top with bolognese. Serve hot.