This Chocolate Chilli Beef with Coriander Spiked Avocado is hearty and satisfying, full of smokey spices. Pair this with a salad and coriander spiked avocado to balance the heat of the chilli, and you have a perfect healthy dish for a night infront of the tv.
- 1 Tbsp of Oil of your Choice
- 3 Shallots- finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic – finely chopped
- 1 Carrot- finely chopped
- 1 Red Pepper- finely chopped
- 2 Tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon, Oregano & Thyme
- 500g of Mince- 5% Fat or less
- 1 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp of Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp of Cacao Powder
- 250ml of Stock (chicken or veg)
- 1-2 Chilli Powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 Ripe Avocado- haved and pitted
- Juicce of Half a lime
- Few stalks of Fresh Coriander
- Heat the oil in a large casserole pan and add the shallots and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add the carrots and red peppers and cook until they have started to soften. Add the chilli powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, oregano, thyme and salt and pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients and then add the mince beef.
- Cook the beef for 5-7 minutes, until browned throughout. Then add the cacao, tomato puree, stock and the tin of tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and then lower the heat down. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve the chilli with an avocado that has been sprinkled with salt and pepper, a squeeze of lime juice and chopped coriander as well as a simple side salad.